A wayleave is an agreement between a landowner and a third party, which permits access to the land for a specific purpose. This are usually used by utility companies for the installation and maintenance of things such as telegraph poles, cables, pipes, pylons etc. They are mid to long term but time limited agreements which usually involve annual payments made to the landowner for the duration of the agreement.


Where more permanent access is required, an easement may provide a better solution. This is a right that someone holds over land owned by somebody else.  Easements are attached to the land and usually they are created by deed for a one off initial cost which may be significant. If registered, they would apply to the land itself so the easement would outlast any change of landowner or occupier.


Our team of experts can assist you with easements and wayleave agreements. If you are contacted with a request for either it is essential that you seek professional advice and fully understand your entitlements and the level of access you are granting as part of any such agreement.

WR Solicitor & Director Jonathan Leach

Speak to an expert...

For an initial no obligation discussion to discuss matters, please request a call back or contact the head of our team Jonathan Leach on 01977 70 32 24.

request a call back

Price Transparency

We are committed to transparency in our prices, for more details of our pricing structures, potential additional costs and disbursements

price transparency

Stuart Maher Watson Ramsbottom Solicitors
Operations Director and Solicitor
WR Solicitor & Director Jonathan Leach
Solicitor & Director
Associate Solicitor
vina madhavji profile
Solicitor-Advocate - Associate Solicitor
Associate Solicitor
David Watson profile
Litigation Executive
Trainee Solicitor
Associate Solicitor

Our Commercial Law Services...

Business Advice

Commercial Property